2011-08-04

Eighth game at EGC

For my eighth game I am paired against a French lady of 9 kyu. She won her first six games and then lost a game yesterday. I know for sure that French players are much stronger than their rank so I was expecting 4 kyu competition regardless of her rank.

She started with securing her lower left side and I played one stone under the star point on the left side and on the upper side. That made her the possibility to build a small moyo on the upper left corner before I was able to secure my left side. Directly she approached my stone on my lower right and I played an OK joseki but she was  not aggressive enough and secured her stones in a heavy shape. That gave me the possibility to play a strong shape.

Then she left her stones and approached my upper right corner. There I probably should had played a pincer instead of the kick-jump. But at least I got the chance to jump out with my middle stone and threaten her lower group. Now I got the time to play a sequence to threaten that group until it lived with only two one point eyes. Ending in sente I was able to invade the upper left moyo as well. She played wrong and I got a great result after cutting of a stone and adding that to my left side territory.

About here my phone rang (without a signal) and I hung up directly but when the kifu came back it was totally empty. I then tried to load the autosave-file but that one was empty as well. U guess the autosave had saved the empty board over the one I had entered the moves. So it was totally blank and I turned off my smartphone. So a note to the author of Gobandroid. Please fix that bug! And a note to me, turn the phone in to flight mode when you play tournament games! So all of the kifu is made from memory. There are 100% chance that the moves are in the wrong order.

(;GM[1]FF[4]CA[UTF-8]AP[CGoban:3]ST[2]
RU[Chinese]SZ[19]KM[7.50]TM[5400]OT[3x30 byo-yomi]
GN[EGC Round 8]PW[Boywing]PB[French lady]WR[4k]BR[9k]DT[2011-08-04]EV[EGC Main Tournament]RO[Round 8]PC[Bordeaux, France]WT[Sweden]BT[France]RE[W+22.50]
;B[cp]
;W[pd]
;B[dc]
;W[pq]
;B[eq]
;W[cj]
;B[cf]
;W[jc]
;B[hc]
;W[je]
;B[he]
;W[cm]
;B[po]
;W[ql]
;B[qq]
;W[qr]
;B[qp]
;W[or]
;B[qn]
;W[np]
;B[qf]
;W[qe]
;B[pf]
;W[nd]
;B[qj]
;W[ol]
;B[oj]
;W[ml]
;B[nn]
;W[lo]
;B[iq]
;W[kq]
;B[io]
;W[pm]
;B[pn]
;W[rm]
;B[ro]
;W[rr]
;B[rq]
;W[rn]
;B[pp]
;W[op]
;B[sp]
;W[fc]
;B[gd]
;W[ed]
;B[dd]
;W[ef]
;B[fd]
;W[de]
;B[ec]
;W[ce]
;B[bd]
;W[be]
;B[nm]
;W[nl]
;B[ln]
;W[lm]
;B[kn]
;W[re]
;B[rf]
;W[nf]
;B[nh]
;W[og]
;B[ph]
;W[rj]
;B[ri]
;W[rk]
;B[pk]
;W[pl]
;B[oc]
;W[pb]
;B[od]
;W[oe]
;B[pe]
;W[pc]
;B[lc]
;W[ld]
;B[kc]
;W[kd]
;B[jb]
;W[mc]
;B[ic]
;W[jd]
;B[se]
;W[gg]
;B[hg]
;W[hh]
;B[ig]
;W[ih]
;B[of]
;W[ne]
;B[ng]
;W[go]
;B[gq]
;W[gm]
;B[en]
;W[el]
;B[cn]
;W[bm]
;B[bn]
;W[an]
;B[bo]
;W[jl]
;B[im]
;W[il]
;B[hm]
;W[gl]
;B[hl]
;W[hk]
;B[dm]
;W[dl]
;B[gk]
;W[em]
;B[dn]
;W[fn]
;B[km]
;W[kl]
;B[ee]
;W[df]
;B[ff]
;W[fg]
;B[gf]
;W[bc]
;B[cd]
;W[ad]
;B[bb]
;W[mb]
;B[kb]
;W[jr]
;B[lp]
;W[lq]
;B[mo]
;W[gs]
;B[fr]
;W[si]
;B[rh]
;W[eo]
;B[cc]
;W[rd]
;B[sd]
;W[sc]
;B[sf]
;W[rc]
;B[ac]
;W[ae]
;B[ie]
;W[jg]
;B[jf]
;W[kf]
;B[if]
;W[li]
;B[mi]
;W[mg]
;B[lk]
;W[ll]
;B[mk]
;W[kk]
;B[oi]
;W[lj]
;B[sh]
;W[sj]
;B[ao]
;W[am]
;B[do]
;W[fp]
;B[ep]
;W[fo]
;B[qk]
;W[hn]
;B[in]
;W[mh]
;B[ir]
;W[is]
;B[fs]
;W[hs]
;B[jq]
;W[kr]
;B[mp]
;W[mq])

Anyway, soon she invaded my upper side. I did my best to defend and I should be able to kill her stones but I let her connect with some of them to her upper left side. I managed to seal off the middle and got a lot of points there. In the end my opponent invaded my middle and I have a lot of weakness and cutting points and it is absolutely possible to capture some of my stones. I had to give up some of them and I chose the four at B7. It was still not enough for her and I won in the end by 22.5. So that was my second win so far and tomorrow I'll meet a Korean 7k. Expect a lot of fighting and bad shape!

Girlwing played another 4 dan and she won. Tomorrow she will play against a Japanese 6 dan. Lets hope she wins so she can continue to play strong players. 4 dans she can play against in Sweden. :)

After our games we went in to town for some leisure time and sightseeing. Girlwing was very close to buying a Lancel handbag for €400. I told her not to because she already have a fancy handbag that is only one year old. She painfully left the handbag and cursed me for several blocks while we was walking. Women... ;)

We went in to a big church called Cathédrale st.Andre. I was not able to walk very far in to the church before I was told to take of my cap. I think only women and the priests are allowed to wear anything on their heads. I am not sure what the practical reason for that is. But I didn't mind, there was no sun in there anyway.

 A really nice big church.

 This is where the priest usually stands and brainwash the simple people.

The great church organ.

1 comment:

Smernaz said...

Med webOS hade detta inte varit ett problem. För 'fönstret' som kifu-programmet kör i hade bara minimerats när telefonfönstret öppnats och maximerats. Sen hade det bara vara att byta tillbaka till kifu-programmet. :)