I started out with a quite small recipe but because I am new at this with baking I cut up way too much apples so I had to compensate with more dough. In the end I had to make two pies of which the smaller one Girlwing and I ate and the larger one I froze to feast on another time.
Boywings apple pie, 6-8 persons.
3.5 dl flour
0.5 dl oatmeal
0.5 dl sugar
150 g butter
5 apples (I mixed red and green)
1 dl sugar
1 msk cinnamon (I had a little more, maybe 1.2 msk)
- Turn on the oven at 225˚C.
- Mix flour, oatmeal and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the butter and use your fingers to break the butters to small pieces so it blends with the flour mix.
- Butter or oil a pan.
- Rinse the apples, throw the core but keep the skin.
- Cut the apples into 1x1 cm pieces and put them in the pan.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to the apples and mix well.
- Cover the apples with the dough.
- Put in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes. If the pie starts to get too much color you can cover it with some aluminum foil.