2009-04-20

Apple pie

Yesterday I got the idea to make an apple pie. I googled for a good recipe but it was really hard to find one that seemed to be okay, so I took a couple of them and mixed to make my own recipe.

I started out with a quite small recipe but because I am new at this with baking I cut up way too much apples so I had to compensate with more dough. In the end I had to make two pies of which the smaller one Girlwing and I ate and the larger one I froze to feast on another time.

Boywings apple pie, 6-8 persons.

Dough:
3.5 dl flour
0.5 dl oatmeal
0.5 dl sugar
150 g butter

Filling:
5 apples (I mixed red and green)
1 dl sugar
1 msk cinnamon (I had a little more, maybe 1.2 msk)

  • Turn on the oven at 225˚C.
  • Mix flour, oatmeal and sugar in a bowl.
  • Add the butter and use your fingers to break the butters to small pieces so it blends with the flour mix.
  • Butter or oil a pan.
  • Rinse the apples, throw the core but keep the skin.
  • Cut the apples into 1x1 cm pieces and put them in the pan.
  • Add sugar and cinnamon to the apples and mix well.
  • Cover the apples with the dough.
  • Put in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes. If the pie starts to get too much color you can cover it with some aluminum foil.
Let it cool down some and then enjoy with a lot of vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream. Tasty... :)

No comments: